At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we thought it best to put together some tips for keeping your pet safe this new years night.
Each year, hundreds of pets and wildlife become stressed and anxious due to the festivities of new years eve – mainly due to fireworks.
Fireworks can be a scary phenomenon for animals and it is our job to keep them calm and safe.
Here are a few of our top tips to help keep your pet safe this new year:
- Make sure all doors and windows are securely closed
- Make their crate (or other favourite hiding spot) readily available
- Keep an eye on guests if you have a party! Visitors may not be as vigilant and could forget and leave a door open
- When entertaining, keep your pets in a separate and quiet room
- Make sure your property is free of debris, especially if your pet has access to your yard
- Consider a Thundershirt if your pet is fear prone
- Consider an appointment with your vet to discuss possible anti-anxiety medication
- Ensure your pet’s ID tags and microchip details are up to date. If you need help with this just give us a call!
- Make sure your pet has plenty of water access
- If you have to leave your pet, make sure they have their favourite toys with them
If you have any concerns about your pet, don’t hesitate to contact us on (03) 8373 0301